Dr. Jackie Barua has completed his Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in 2014 from Comilla Medical College, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. He currently works as a Researcher of GUSTO, where he is doing his fundamental research in a Biological activity of different plant extracts, Drug-drug interaction, Neurodegenerative diseases like – Alzheimer’s disease & Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Motor Neuron Disease, Epilepsy, Bioinformatics, Ovarian and breast cancer and r there are some ongoing projects on Type 2 Diabetes. He has already gathered some valuable research experiences from his icddr’b ( International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh career. He also involved at Sage Research Training Centre (SAGE). SAGE Research Training is offering research methodology program with manuscript writing, Excel, SPSS, GraphPad, EndNote, Molecular Docking, PASS Prediction, Graphical Abstract etc. He has published some papers in reputed journals, where some papers are Pubmed indexed. He also presented some conference paper and poster in different international and national conference. Recently, he is working on sensory and motor sensations including “ Bionic sense” alternatives and the use of Artificial Intelligence(AI) and highly interested in the activity of supporting cells of the neuron-like Glial cells and their role of healing the disturbed Neuron as well as Neuroplasticity and some Neuroendocrine disorders. His main focus is to find out the secrets of some incurable diseases and aimed at finding a permanent cure. His long cherished dream is to correlate his clinical skills and theoretical knowledge for the welfare of the mankind.
- Hasanat A, Chowdhury TA, Kabir MSH, Chowdhury MS, Chy MN, Barua J, Chakrabarty N, Paul A. Antinociceptive Activity of Macaranga denticulata Arg. (Family: Euphorbiaceae): In Vivo and In Silico Studies. Medicines (PubMed, Switzerland) 2017 Dec 1;4(4):88. DOI:10.3390/medicines4040088
- Ul Hoque MS, Chowdhury MS, Paul A, Barua J, Zannat SS, Hasan MM, Gupta SD, Barua J, Ahmed S, Kabir MSH. In vivo analgesic effect of different extracts of Hopea odorata leaves in mice and in silico molecular docking and ADME/T property analysis of some isolated compounds from this plant. De Gruyter (PubMed, Germany) 2018 August 8, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jbcpp-2018-0046
- Kader SMA, Barua J , Parvez MMH, Hasan MM, Samrat EK, Rahman N, Nihar SW,Hoque MSU, Munawara SM, Noman MA, Kabir MSH. Evaluation of Antibacterial Effect of Ethanol Extract and its Different Fractions of Anogeissus acuminata [Roxb] Leaves by Disk Diffusion Technique. Int J Pharm 2017; 7(4): 150- 156. ISSN 2249-1848
- Hasan M, Parvez MMH, Barua J, Nesa F, Islam MM, Roy A, Hassan MJ, Kamal MM, Uddin MA, Rahman MM, Md. Hoque MSU. Evaluation of Cytotoxic Activity by Brine Shrimp Lethality Bioassay of Ethanol Extract and Its Different Fractions of Anogeissus acuminate (Roxb.) Leave. Int J Pharm 2017; 7(4): 55-59. ISSN 2249-1848
- Hasan M, Kader SMA, Haque MI, Samrat EK, Rahman N, Uddin MI, Sarowar MG, and Barua J. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THROMBOLYTIC ACTIVITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACT AND ITS DIFFERENT FRACTIONS OF ANOGEISSUS ACUMINATA LEAVES. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2017; 6(17):1-8. DOI: 10.20959/wjpr201717-10338
Current Research Project:
- Anxiolytic and antidepressant activities of Macaranga denticulata: In vivo and In silico studies.
- In silico molecular docking and ADME/T analysis of some isolated compounds of Curcuma longa L against three receptors of Type-2 diabetes.
- Insilico molecular docking and ADME/T analysis of some selected isolated compounds of Phyllanthus emblica against Type 2 diabetes.
- Barua J, Kabir MSH. Motor Neuron Disease. GUSTO Disease and Treatment Series- 18. Oct 2017. DOI10.13140/RG.2.2.13539.45600.
- Mamun AA, Barua J, Kabir MSH. Guillian-Barre Syndrome. GUSTO Disease and Treatment Series-19. Dec 2017.